I have a small question. Whenever I try to dump a sizeable Innodb
table, lets say 33,000,000 records I find that mysqldump cannot handle
that kind of load and usually freezes. I am not sure if it is my
system, as its only a pentium 4 1.7ghz celeron running on windows
server, but with my mysql tables nice and optimized mysql still flys
in this heavy load envirornment. I decided testing it with smaller
tables, maybe 2,000,000 records and it produced the .sql file
successfully after giving it some time. Unfortunately when I loaded
that .sql file I was getting all kinds of SQL errors about the syntax
in that huge .sql file. I was kind of expecting a clean load in with
the .sql file without any errors. At this point i decided to open the
.sql file and attempt to see that lines it was complaining about with
the error. Unfortunatlely, windows text editors do not handle
displaying 2,000,000 of anything in 1 scrollable window, so i could
not find the line errors. What do you suggest is the best way to
backup an InnoDB table of this size? I have been thinking about an
upgrade for quite a while now (moving  from mysql 4.0 branch to 4.1)
but I need a good solution to backup the data, and I am not sure if I
rely on mysqldump after these tests. I've seen that Tool thats
available at for purchase at innodb.com and I am considering it, but
is that the only way to backup the data and have it all in tact 100%?
I read that mysqlhotcopy does not cut it for InnoDB, and I have not
tested it much on very big myISAM tables.

-phpninja