Hello.

>I went so far as to  delete entire tables and recreate them.

Can you create a new table (with name which you didn't use before)

and check if the errors remain on the new table? Does REPAIR TABLE

solve the problem? Also ensure that there are no another MySQL

instances running? Or may be some other software has access to

your files (antivirus)?

       <___/   www.mysql.com