----- Original Message -----
From: "Peter PeterDresden" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <mysql@lists.mysql.com>
Sent: Thursday, February 24, 2005 8:05 AM
Subject: How to send queries to a database periodically

> Hi,
>
> is there a possibillity in mysql to send periodically queries to a
database,
> for example all 5 minutes? Or, a liitle bit off topic, is there a
> possibility to this via php? Or, is it normally possible to set up such a
> query via  cron tab (unix based web servers only)? Thanx.

I use cron to do a daily backup of my MySQL databases; it runs a Bash script
that does the work. You could just as easily write a Bash script that
queries the database and runs every five minutes.

I don't know php but I expect that you could set up a batch php job -
assuming php supports batch programs! - and run it whenever you want via
cron. There are even versions of cron for Windows which could presumably do
the same on Microsoft platforms.

Rhino