Newsgroups: mailing.database.myodbc
Sent: Sunday, February 27, 2005 12:33 AM
Subject: Re: InnoDB Rollback - 162 hrs remaining!?

John,

----- Original Message ----- From: "John Taylor" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Newsgroups: mailing.database.myodbc
Sent: Saturday, February 26, 2005 11:37 PM

Thanks for the quick response. I note within the database directory a
#sql- file but it has not been modified for two days, around the time
the index was begun.

that is probably the .frm file for the temp table you need to DROP.

Does this have a bearing on matters? Last thing we need is to kill
mysqld processes and find the innodb data file is corrupt beyond
repair.

I almost always shut down InnoDB with

killall -9 mysqld

It never gets corrupt.

Unfortunately the server.err file is not giving me any output, nor
.log and I don't have a .status file either.

Thanks,

John.

Best regards,

Heikki Tuuri
Innobase Oy
Foreign keys, transactions, and row level locking for MySQL
InnoDB Hot Backup - a hot backup tool for InnoDB which also backs up MyISAM
tables
http://www.innodb.com/order.php