Heikki,
I sent this to a few friends of mine who work on fedora quite a bit.

> As a general note, Fedora Cores are not considered stable.

None of them wanted to officially comment, but just asked that you show
proof.  Especially since most of RH4 is Fedora.

I know I've used FC1, FC2, and FC3.  And on fc2 and fc3 the 32 and 64 bit
versions.  And besides certain ide problems which I would never use on a
mysql server anyway, we've never had any problems with fedora at all.

They wanted me to send you some of the benchmarks comparing Fedora, Suse,
and some of the other distros using mysql.  But the site they sent me which
shows fedora beating all of them is currently down.

Oh well.

Donny