Hey I installed the MySQL pkg from http://pkg.nl.cobalt.com a couple of
weeks ago and I went through steps just like on the site.  That all went
ok but since then I have been busy and forgot what I changed the root pass
to. Is there any way to recover this?  If not what is the best thing to do
to get mysql back up and running.  Thanks for the help.

Ok I have tried both things on this page and both don't work.  I can't seem
to get mysql to start.
http://list.cobalt.com/pipermail/cobalt-users/2000-October/023700.html

I have also tried other suggestions given to me by others (ie changing
permissions) but still the same thing

"Starting mysqld daemon with databases from /var/lib/mysql
mysqld daemon ended"

I don't have any databases setup yet so I am not worried about loseing them.
Juse worried about screwing Chiliasp up.  Anything will help.

Thanks again
Todd

Todd Woolums
Wescris Solutions