Gleb Paharenko wrote:

Hello.

I used the following command backup database:

mysqldump --user=$USERNAME --password=$PASSWORD --host=$DBHOST

--quote-names --opt

I don't think this command backup user account info.

If you add --all-databases option it would also dump the mysql database.

I've tried to import the mysql database from the 5.0.2 to 4.1.10. It works

fine, You may try just to restore the dump file with mysql < dump_file.sql

command. Don't forget to execute FLUSH PRIVILEGES.

Hi, I got the following error when execute mysql < mydata.sql:
# mysql < mysql_2005-03-01.Tuesday.sql
ERROR 2002: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)

I have looked thru the mysqld script in /etc/init.d/ directory, but didn't get a cule about start up mysqld with unix sock.
You got any idea?

Thanks
Sam

sam wun <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Gleb Paharenko wrote:

Hello.

I also want to copy the user accounts in MySQL5.0 db over to MySQL4.1 in

Redhat as well.

All user accounts and rights are stored in the tables of mysql database.

And fields of grant tables in 4.1.x version just a subset of fields in

5.0.x. You should set the values of fields in 4.1.x version to values of

corresponding fields in 5.0.x. For example you may store 5.0.x mysql

database under different name in 4.1.x and then move accounts using

SQL statements.

Hi, thanks for your help. I just able to backup all the database (with

their tables I believe) from mysql 5.0.

And now I stuck at restoring the database and their tables as well as

user accounts rights to mysql4.1.