Hello,

See my later post

I will continue to test and supply all my results if I find it to be DB and not client

Once again... many thanks

Rob

Gleb Paharenko wrote:

Hello.

Just tested on Windows 2k Professional (Russian) computer - the query works
correctly.
If you can make a reproducable test case (the problem remains on other
boxes) you may report a bug. Can you create a text file with
a query and then execute it using a 'source' command (don't forget
about set NAMES before)? And then using SELECT INTO ... OUTFILE
store the values from the table into the file. If the contents of
the file is correct, then the problem is in client.

Rob Cochrane <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi,

I have installed the query browser and it does change things but not correctly, inserting this:

update `peterkrolltiles`.`navprompts` set `languagecode3`='afr', `navigation`='Navigasie', `home`='Tuis', `aboutus`='Oor Ons', `products`='Ons Produkte', `team`='Ons Span', `visualtour`='\'n Visu?le Toer', `gallery`='Photo Gallerei', `applications`='Aplikasie', `contactus`='Kontak Ons' where `languagecode3`='afr'

Produced this in the 'visualtour' column:

'n Visu??le Toer

Rob