I have run into a fairly bizarre issue.  Two tables were moved to innodb to take
advantage of row level locking but they were moved back within a day.  Both
tables are fixed so updates should not cause table fragmentation and a required
optimize.  Also, there are no deletes to the tables in question.  This leaves
only the possibility of an analyze being required to update the indexes.
However, after approximately 10-20minutes the tables seem to get out of sync
badly.  Queries that should take 0.0001 seconds start to take 12seconds+  After
an analyze nothing changes.  After an optimize the table is again fine for a
short duration.  Is there something obvious that I'm missing?

James Nobis
Web Developer
Academic Superstore
223 W. Anderson Ln. Suite A110, Austin, TX 78752
Voice: (512) 450-1199 x453 Fax: (512) 450-0263
http://www.academicsuperstore.com