Since playing back binary logs is just like doing normal queries the
tips on this page mostly apply.
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/insert-speed.html

Depending on your shell scripting level you might have to mysqlbinlog
to a file then
add in lock statments or whatever you decide to use.

-Eric

--
Eric Bergen
[EMAIL PROTECTED]