Sir,

     I have downloaded the binary stable version of
MySQL from the site www.mysql.com.The package I
downloaded is ......

  mysql-3.23.37-pc-linux-gnu-i686.tar.gz

  After unzipping and untaring,I entered then
directory
mysql-3.23.37-pc-linux-gnu-i686 and then i executed
the
./configure command which made the necessary
installations and then i executed the followin
commands..

   #bin/safe_mysqld --user

  Starting mysqld daemon with databases from
/home/mysql/mysql-3.23.37-pc-linux-gnu-i686/data/
  mysql ended

  So , it sounds that the mysql daemon started by
itself and then eneded by itself.So, please help me to
get through this problem...............

Arijit

   But here the I got stuck because the response which
i got  is something like this..........