At 10:07 PM 3/2/2005, you wrote:
Hello.

You may use ALTER TABLE .. DISABLE KEYS to speed up the loading process
on the MyISAM table.

I gave that a try but I had to cancel "Alter Table ... Enable Keys" after 49 hours. I find it amazing that it takes only 6.25 hours to load 450 million rows into the table using Load Data Infile with the keys disabled, but over 49 hours (maybe a lot more) to rebuild 3 indexes. Even with 100g of disk space dedicated to the sort file. It started using "Repair with Filesort" for the first 7 hours, then it switched to "Repair with KeyCache". I don't know anyone who can afford to take their database down for a few days (weeks?) while building an index.

Mike

-- For technical support contracts, goto https://order.mysql.com/?ref=ensita This email is sponsored by Ensita.NET http://www.ensita.net/ __ ___ ___ ____ __ / |/ /_ __/ __/ __ \/ / Gleb Paharenko / /|_/ / // /\ \/ /_/ / /__ [EMAIL PROTECTED] /_/ /_/\_, /___/\___\_\___/ MySQL AB / Ensita.NET <___/ www.mysql.com