Gleb Paharenko wrote:
Hello.

Execute FLUSH PRIVILEGES after granting.
See:
  http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/flush.html
  http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/privilege-changes.html

Yes, please read this one. FLUSH PRIVILEGES is NOT needed after GRANT, REVOKE, or SET PASSWORD. You only need to FLUSH if you directly edit the grant tables (INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE). Since he/she is using GRANT, FLUSH PRIVILEGES is unlikely to be relevant.

  http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/access-denied.html
  http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/user-resources.html

Connect to the server using mysql command line client using specified in GRANT statement
username and password to check that the problem not in MySQL server. What output does the following statement produce:

SHOW GRANTS FOR 'metal-host'@'localhost';

Run this when it works, and then again when it doesn't. If the result is different, then something is changing the privileges assigned to [EMAIL PROTECTED], so the solution will involve finding what is doing that. If the privs are the same, then we need to look elsewhere. From the (not entirely clear) description, I expect the first case.

What exact version of MySQL server do you use?

[snip]

Hello Gleb, no i m not doing flush..i dont even know what flush is.
do u have anything in mind ?

[snip]

Michael