Well, we allready use ip numbers instead of host names in the grant
tables, but after setting the skip-name-resolve startup option
machines with Windows ( any flavor) are still slow when internet
connection goes down.

Still, I cant tell if the startup parameter (skip-name-resolve) has been
accepted by  mysqld

So I repost my question
Is there a sure way to check if skip-name-resolve is in efect ?

Thanks
Mauricio