Hello,

I am planning to port some systems that are currently using proprietary
database management to an SQL environment.

In looking at the MySQL web site it appears that they have two different SQL
database servers. I am trying
to determine how to choose between the two. It doesn't appear to be a
Microsoft type choice of
Access, FoxPro, or SQL Server which is a pretty simple decision.

Can anyone tell me what the practical day-to-day differences between the two
products would be?

I looked at the documentation page that listed the differences between the
two and it basically seemed
as though MySQL was playing cath-up to MaxDB. However, considering how many
people
use MySQL there must be some driving reason behind that choice.

Thanks for any help you can provide me on this front.

Darrell