Hi,

We have replication running here and it has been excellent for a number
of years.

Recently we have been having lag in replication from London to Palo Alto
(Plenty of bandwidth but a latency of 300ms round trip).

The replications binlogs are being written at a rate of about 100MB to
200MB per hour and whilst we have no problems replicating to several
servers that are reasonable close to the master, the Palo Alto server is
getting over an hour behind at times.

Does anyone know if there is something I can do to solve this?

What experiences have others had in the past?

Perhaps there is some way to increase the packet size or something to
get over this latency problem...

Or any other ideas?

Cheers,

Andrew