Steve Buehler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 03/11/2005 10:10:57 AM:

> At 02:35 AM 3/11/2005, you wrote:
>
> >You can simply specify the database:
> >
> >--replicate-do-db=db_name
>
> Stupid/Not so Stupid question here.  What mysql program has that option?
> searched mysql.com and couldn't find it.  I have looked at the man pages

> for mysql, mysqld, mysqladmin and mysqldump and didn't see it as an
option
> to any of them.  I also googled for --replicate-do-db and
--replicate-to-db
> (incase you misspelled it).  Still nothing.  Can you give me/us a hint?
>
> Thanks
> Steve

It seems that you did everything EXCEPT rtfm. Here is the beginning of the
chapter on replication:

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/replication.html

Here is the page in that chapter that describes not just --replicate-do-db
but all of the other replication options, too:

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/replication-options.html

What performs the replication is the MySQL server. Insert the option(s)
you want into the correct section (usually it's [mysqld] but can be
different under some circumstances) of your my.cnf file (my.ini for
windows) for your server.

Shawn Green
Database Administrator
Unimin Corporation - Spruce Pine