Mauricio,

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mauricio Pellegrini" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Newsgroups: mailing.database.myodbc
Sent: Friday, March 11, 2005 9:13 PM
Subject: Lock timeout problem

Hi, we are using mysql 4.1.4-gamma and a few days ago we started to
receive lock wait timeout messages from within our application also on
other connections via tcp/ip ( from mysql clients ) the same thing
happens

While we are trying to discover what is causing these errors I've noted
this in the output of SHOW ENGINE INNODB STATUS

this is the text:

---TRANSACTION 0 735105891, ACTIVE 1812 sec, process no 24059, OS thread
id 1741492237
225 lock struct(s), heap size 27968, undo log entries 12427

use SHOW PROCESSLIST to determine if you have a dangling session. You should commit your transaction. It looks like someone forgot to commit a big transaction.

Question #1.
Can I identify the query that was running in that transaction?

I Think it may not be inside the binary log as we had to stop the server
and start it again .

Question #2.
What does the " 225 lock struct(s) " mean

It means appromately that the transaction has locks on 225 pages or 225 tables.

Thanks
Mauricio

Best regards,

Heikki Tuuri
Innobase Oy
Foreign keys, transactions, and row level locking for MySQL
InnoDB Hot Backup - a hot backup tool for InnoDB which also backs up MyISAM tables
http://www.innodb.com/order.php