Hi! I'm learning mysql and I have a problem when i
make a full backup with mysqldump.
I have a lot of table rows written in spanish. In
the backup file (.sql) I have problems with certain
spanish characters like:
á --> Ãi
é --> é
í --> Ã-
ú --> ú
and so many others like that.
However, when I make an incremental backup with the
*.bin-* files I don't have this problem.
I use MySQL 4.1.X with the default character
set(latin1) and the default collation
(latin1_swedish_ci). I´ve tried with the
latin1_spanish_ci and with another character set (utf8
with the utf8_spanish_ci collation). But the problem
doesn´t disappear.
Can anybody help me? Thank you very much.