on one level, the test database is there just have something to log into
after intall to prove it's working..   some init.d startup scripts (I'm
thinking RedHat here)  try to log into the database as an authenticated
user after each start up and when doing a 'status' call just to make
sure it's alive.  some scrupulously paranoid sysadmins prefer to delete
it the moment the system comes up, other leave it there for
convenience..

--
 - michael dykman
 - [EMAIL PROTECTED]