Interestingly enough, adding the PATH to the .bash_profile has made the preference pane 100% stable now (the Admin GUI is another story). So I'm wondering if the pref pane simply calls a shell script or command. If that is the case, shouldn't the PATH be added or created during installation of MySQL for OSX?

Jeff