oix ppl,

 thanks a lot for the answers, but if it was this simple I wouldn't ask...

 Yes, I am Core Certificate, and yes I did read the show-table-status page.

 BUT, that don't satisfy my needs.

 The sugestion to use data_length divided by the number of rows is good if all
rows have a fixed length, that don't happen if there is one or more text/blob
field in the table, in which case the row size is diferent depending in that
field(s) content.

 Any other ideia?

 Thanks,

mpeves