Hi All,

coupla questions. 1stly, I can access mysql from webmin and start it, along with being able to start/stop with service mysql start/stop from cli. I'm also following this tutorial, by Patrick Harper,

http://216.239.57.104/search?q=cache:GHt0q9MF1coJ:www.infosecwriters.com/text_resources/pdf/snort_base_fc3.pdf+snort+on+fedora+3&hl=en&client=firefox-a
for snort/php/mysql/FC3/apache/ssl
and wanna know why I can't access mysql from the prompt with mysql -h mysql -p. All I get is,

[EMAIL PROTECTED] pcre-5.0]# mysql -h mysql -p
-bash: mysql: command not found

I want to be able to do the following from this tutorial,

mysql> SET PASSWORD FOR [EMAIL PROTECTED]('password');
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.25 sec)
mysql> create database *snort*;
Query OK, 1 row affected (0.01 sec)
mysql> grant INSERT,SELECT on root.* to [EMAIL PROTECTED];
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.02 sec)
mysql> SET PASSWORD FOR [EMAIL PROTECTED]('password_from_snort.conf');
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.25 sec)
mysql> grant CREATE, INSERT, SELECT, DELETE, UPDATE on *snort*.* to [EMAIL PROTECTED];
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.02 sec)
mysql> grant CREATE, INSERT, SELECT, DELETE, UPDATE on *snort*.* to *snort*;
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.02 sec)
mysql> exit
bye

I used webmin to create a new DB, snort, and gave permission to Username "snort" to create, insert, delete, select and update from host permissions. Is it the same as above..? 1st time to use webmin/mysql/snort/apache. Cheers.

Mark Sargent.