Actually, exporting data from an Oracle database is one of the weak
spots of Oracle.  Oracle makes it easy to get data in, but hard to get
it back out.  There are ways to do it, but nothing easy that an Oracle
DBA will have if they only read the Oracle docs.  Spooling an output
file can get tedius if there are a lot of columns in the table or many
tables.

There are a number of freeware and open source solutions as well as
third party solutions, but in most cases, a good DBA should be able to
develop some dynamic scripts to get the data out in the format you
need.  Features like the use of LONG datatypes may throw a monkey
wrench in the works.

Good luck.
Stephen
(Sr Oracle DBA by day - Jr MySQL DBA by night)