I hope this question isn't too elementary for this list. I am brand new to
mysql. Working off redhat linux 7.0. I run "safe_mysql &" I get a message
saying it is connecting and then a message "mySql daemon ended." When I run
"./bin/mysqladmin create testDB" I get the following message:

                ..."connect to server at 'localhost' failed
                error: can't connect to local mySql server through
                socket '/tmp/mysql.sock(111)'"

What am I doing wrong? Any help very much appreciated.

Daniel Goldin
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
323.225.1926
BlueLamp Productions