From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, March 24, 2005 10:57 AM
To: Mark Mchugh
Cc: mysql list
Subject: Re: changing default date format on server

Mark Mchugh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 03/24/2005 10:26:44 AM:

> hi,
> How can i change the default date field to european format, i.e.
> dd/mm/yyyy ?
>

> thanks
>
> MArk

> http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250

You don't. The server's internal representation of dates is not something
you can modify.

However, your _client_ may have many ways to format date data for viewing.
How you change _what_you_see_ depends entirely on which tool you are using
to get data from the server and present it for viewing or other operations.
Refer to the documentation for the client you are using for details on how
to get it to show you dates in the format you want to see.

Shawn Green
Database Administrator
Unimin Corporation - Spruce Pine