On Fri, 25 Mar 2005, Andrew Prock wrote:

> On Fri, 25 Mar 2005, Michael Stassen wrote:
>
> > Password hashing was changed in 4.1 to improve authentication security, but
> > this complicates backward compatibility.  See the manual for details:
> > <http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/old-client.html>
> > <http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/password-hashing.html>
> >
> > Your best bet is to link your app against the 4.1 client library.

Thank you for your assitance.  I have determined that
amidst all my horrid code there is a bug that is
totally unrelated to MySQL, and it's version number,
but that was related to port numbers.  Since both
servers are at the same domain, they are accessed
through different ports, and while I thought I was
handling ports correctly, I was always using the
default port.

Thanks again,

- Andrew