On Mar 31, 2005, at 1:13 AM, Rafal Kedziorski wrote:

I'm working with JBoss and MySQL 4.0.22 (and 4.0.18 on Testsystem). But under the load, I get sometimes Exceptions like this:

java.sql.SQLException: Deadlock found when trying to get lock; Try restarting transaction message from server: "Lock wait timeout exceeded; Try restarting transaction"

It looks like InnoDB problem. Is there a way to find out why this happens?

InnoDB has detected a deadlock, which is described pretty well in the InnoDB manual (at innodb.com or the mysql.com version of the manual).

When this happens run

show innodb status\G

from the command line client. InnoDB will print out status info, and at the top will be details of the last detected deadlock which will show the conflicting queries. You then need to modify the queries or the application so it doesn't happen.

--Ware