Michael

This is a client side problem.  Whatever is pooling/managing your
connections is not doing a very good job of it.

You haven't mentioned how you are managing your connections within your
Tomcat app.  I know Tomcat has a managed connection pool but I'm less
than familiar with it.  Personally, I use a connection manager of my own
design for all my Java apps or Servlets. You might get some joy from
explicitly closing your Statements when you are done with them, but that
is a shot in the dark.

You might have better luck on a JDBC list or a Tomcat list;  in any case
you will need to provide less detail about the nature of the application
and more specifics on how you acquire your connections.  Feel free to
send me that information while you are at it; I might be able to help.

 - michael dykman

--
 - michael dykman
 - [EMAIL PROTECTED]