If my poor english assists me, I'd like to ask you about how can I import
a lot of small msword files into a mysql table where I've created a column
definied as longblob. I'm using mysql 4.1 and I would avoid to start studing
php or other language at this moment. In other word, my situation is:
1) weekly I receive a floppy from another company reporting a lot of business
operations
2) this floppy has two types of information: structurated and not structurated
and I need to import all into a mysql 4.1 database.
For txt structurated files I've already written a query that automatically
load all informations and insert them  into the correct tables. The files
has always the same name, so my query is fully automatic :-).
For not structurated files (msword .doc files) I cannot find a solution.
Every week they have a different name, so I need a procedure that look into
a dir and get all .doc files and load each one into a record of my table.
I'm using mysql server 4.1 over a freebsd machine, but all clients run under
windows xp.
Thanks for help
Stefano