Not sure what you are asking. MySQL can store actual files in a blob field, but it sounds like you only want to store a reference to a file. The only way to store a reference to a file is to store it's path name. If you want to store the file on a different machine, you would need to store more than just path information (i.e. login name and password, etc.).
There are strong arguments for storing files in the database or leaving them external.