Hello,
  I recall this problem again. No answer still. If I need to talk to
  other list(probably internals) just let me know.

  I would like to describe the following problem and get an opinion
  from list members.

  I have simple table like
  describe table_name;

+---------------------+------------------+------+-----+---------+----------------+
  | Field               | Type             | Null | Key | Default | Extra

+---------------------+------------------+------+-----+---------+----------------+
  | table_name_id       | int(10) unsigned |      | PRI | NULL    |
auto_increment |
  | column_name         | varchar(30)      |      |     |         |

+---------------------+------------------+------+-----+---------+----------------+

  My table values contains line breaks ('\r\n').
  For example I have 1 row with 'value\r\n' in 'column_name'.

  SELECT HEX(column_name)FROM table_name;
  will return
  76616C75650D0A

  I'm running the following query (I want to get records and DO NOT
  use '\r\n' im my WHERE clause)
  SELECT * FROM table_name WHERE column_name='value';

  On MySQL Ver 11.18 Distrib 3.23.55 that query returns 1 row,
  on MySQL Ver 14.7 Distrib 4.1.9 empty set is return.

  I did not found anything in change log files about that difference.

  So, I wonder if behavior of newer MySQL version is feature or bug or
  bug fix. What is correct?

  Thanks!

--
Andrew Bidochko