I do not recommend trying to install a new language if you don't need to.
Windows Scripting Host, DAO, and ADO are already installed on most windows
machines and are the "native" way of dealing with tasks that the other
scripting languages (like PERL) take care of on other platforms.

My alternate suggestion is to download a free database conversion tool
(there are several out there, none of which can I recommend because I
haven't used them) and let it automate the conversion for you. Search this
list for other threads to get some suggestions.

Shawn Green
Database Administrator
Unimin Corporation - Spruce Pine

Bill MacAllister <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 04/01/2005
05:39:44 PM:

> I would recommend that you use perl.
>
>   1. Install perl on your Windows box.  I use Active State's
>      distribution.
>
>   2. Install DBI, DBD::ODBC, and DBD::mysql.  The commands you use
>      are:
>
>        ppm install DBI
>        ppm install DBD-ODBC
>        ppm install DBD-mysql
>
>   3. Create a DSN for your Access database.
>
>   4. Now you can write perl scripts to read data from one database
>      and write to the second database.
>
> I would expect that you will have some data conversions issues that you
> will have to work through.  For example, as I remember Access has a
weird
> format for dates.  You put a '#' in literals when you specify them.  The

> good think about using perl is that you can handle all of these
problems.

> Hope that helps,
>
> Bill

> | Bill MacAllister
> | 14219 Auburn Road
> | Grass Valley, CA 95949
>
> --On Saturday, March 26, 2005 10:35:04 AM -0500 Ricky Groleau
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

> > Microsofts Acesss that makes ASP pages. The databsae is saved as MDB.
> > Yes, it does have a uplink, my problem is lack of experience with SQL.
It