news <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 04/04/2005 12:59:53 PM:

> Greetings everyone,
>
> I haven't been able to find any piece of information on temporal
databases
> and MySQL except the code from the TAU Project which seems to be
> experimental at best. Not even discussions on the mailing lists or on
the
> forums but while I was looking for "temporal", people may have been
> referring to this thing in other terms.
>
> And so I'm asking : Are there any obvious resources I've missed or would
it
> be simpler just to post the issues in here ?
>
> Thank you,
> Daniel

I am not familiar with the use of the adjective "temporal" with the word
"database". To me "temporal" means "of or having to do with time or it's
measurement". Could you have meant "temporary" which means to me
"non-permanent or transitory in nature."?

Even if you had meant "temporary", I rarely hear it used as a database
design term except when used with the word "table" as in "temporary
table". (http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/create-table.html)

However, if the TAU project is doing research on databases that are
displaced or movable through time, this may be something I want to get
involved with. What is their URL?

Shawn Green
Database Administrator
Unimin Corporation - Spruce Pine