> >>Sorry, I don't use windows 8-) except when I have to. All my servers are
> >>unix/linux and I can build them at will. I think there are instructions
> >>in the manual for building it but I think you would probably have to
> >>purchase a C++ compiler or similar.
> >

> > Exactly the reason why I do NOT want to build it :-)
> >
> > I know MySQL "used to be" build by everyone ... but IMO, this
> > doesn't make sense no more ...
>
> I don't see why. I'm use to compile the library in debug mode, to
> retrieve the call-stack and the faulty SQL string directly in my IDE.
> That's where sources are great, you can choose what you want in your
> binary, engines, features, and so on.

I'm not saying that you shouldn't do that ...

I'm saying that I don't want to do that. And, I guess, a whole lot of
people don't want to set up complete build environments for another
product. Let alone build their production server :-)

So, do you have a binary with "csv engine" enabled?

With regards,

Martijn Tonies
Server
Upscene Productions