Yes, but not in the way you're thinking. I believe what you
want is one slave with multiple masters, which AFAIK is not
supported.

==> STOP READING NOW UNLESS YOU ARE A GENIUS/MADMAN/IDIOT <==

That said, I suppose you could theoretically set up multiple
servers on your slave machine, where:

- All servers are read-only
- You set up a slave server for each master
- You set up an additional server containing MERGE tables
 pointing to the tables in the slave servers' datadirs.

It's that third one that I'm unsure of. If your application
is something like logging, where all your writes are atomic,
I think you might be okay. That said, I've never tried
something like this, so it could very well be a complete
waste of time to try.

Also, the usual restrictions on MERGE tables would apply, so
you'll run into trouble if you're using AUTO_INCREMENT or
UNIQUE keys. The workaround would be to add a column that
contains the master id and convert your key to multipart,
incorporating that field.

Eamon Daly

----- Original Message ----- From: "Eric Anderson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>