On Apr 5, 2005, at 11:37 PM, Matt Wagner wrote:

Hi,

A new version of MySQL Community Edition 4.1.11 Open Source database
management system has been released. It is now available in source and
binary form for a number of platforms from our download pages at
http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/ and mirror sites.

The good news: mysql compiles cleanly for me (Mac OS X 10.3.8) and passes all tests.

<snip>
Bugs fixed:
<snip>
     * Fixed   a  bug  in  my_print_defaults  that  made  it  ignore
       the --defaults-extra-file and --defaults-file options.

The bad news:
Although the description is wrong (--defaults-file works, --defaults-extra-file does not), I believe this would be bug #9136 <http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=9136>. Unless I'm missing something, this has not been fixed.

  ~: my_print_defaults mysqld
  --key_buffer=32M

  ~: my_print_defaults -c /etc/de.cnf mysqld
  --max_allowed_packet=2M
  --key_buffer=64M

  ~: my_print_defaults -e /etc/de.cnf mysqld
  --key_buffer=32M

Enjoy!

   Matt

--