Greetings

I have a query that has been running for days on a otherwise unused mysql
server. It's running on a reasonbly stout machine (dual Pentium III with
1GB of memory) and I tuned the server for big jobs. It's meeting all of
the metrics in the documentation for a well-tuned system as near as I can
tell. Is there some way I can compare the output from the 'explain' of the
query with the output of 'show status' to estimate how far along the query
is? There have been no other queries processed so that everything in the
status variables is a result of this query.

Thanks

Mike