Howdy,

  I posted this question over on the plusplus list, but so far I've not
received a response.  This list seems more active, so perhaps someone here
can offer me a hand.

  I'm trying to get the 1.7.8 distribution of MySQL++ to build as directed
in the README -- using automake.  When I run automake, I get a message
saying that Makefile.am is missing some required files:

 ./INSTALL
 ./NEWS
 ./COPYING
 ./AUTHORS
 ./ChangeLog

  Indeed, those don't appear to be in the tar archive.

  Any ideas?

  Also, the 1.7.8 distribution (which I got from www.mysql.com) has damaged
documentation.  It's missing nearly all of the chapter 5 Class reference, as
is the online version at the same site.  I was able to find complete docs in
the separate "manual only" download.

Thanks,
--Mike