Greetings,

I have successfully configured mysqld_multi to have mysql 4.1.11 and
5.0.3 beta running on the same machine:

# mysqld_multi start &
# exit
% mysqld_multi report
Reporting MySQL servers
MySQL server from group: mysqld4 is running
MySQL server from group: mysqld5 is running
%

However, I can't get this to work at system startup time. Starting up
a single mysql server works fine, with the following
/Library/StartupItems/MySQL/MySQL script:

#!/bin/sh

. /etc/rc.common

if [ "${MYSQL:=-YES-}" = "-YES-" ]; then

    ConsoleMessage "Starting MySQL database server"
    /usr/local/mysql/bin/mysqld_safe &
fi

But if I change " /usr/local/mysql/bin/mysqld_safe &" to "
/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysqld_multi start &", no servers start up. There
are also no error messages in the .err logs: the last item there is
the previous 'normal shutdown'.

Any ideas? I would think that there should be no difference between
executing mysqld_multi from a root shell and executing it at startup
time, but apparently it's not the same.

Thanks in advance,
Jan Pieter Kunst