I just installed the 32-bit SPARC Solaris package (mysql-standard-4.1.11-sun-solaris2.9-sparc.pkg.gz) in made a symbolic link to the install directory as /usr/local/mysql . I am having the following problems:

1) when I start mysql with the included mysql.server script, I get the following error:

   ./mysql.server start
   Starting MySQL
   ./mysql.server: log_success_msg: not found

... there is no such file /lib/lsb/init-functions, so it should get aliased, but don't know why it isn't working.

2) (much more serious) a core file appears in the mysql root directory. 'file core' gives:

core: ELF 32-bit MSB core file SPARC Version 1, from 'my_print_defaul'

(note the lack of t)... yet the server starts correctly. When I run mysql_print_defaults manually, it's fine.

3) (er, this is since 4.1.10) Given there are no pre or post scripts in the pkg file, can you start putting the version number in the PKG value or at least set the MAXINST to more than on in the pkginfo file? That way when there is a new version, we can install a new version without having to pkgrm the old one (or, like I've done, pkgtrans the new package and make these changes manually) ...

thanks,
adam a

--
Adam Arrowood :: http://www.gatech.edu/adam :: adam AT oit.gatech.edu
Office of Information Technology/O&E/CS     :: (404) 894-0372