On Thu, 7 Apr 2005, Brent Baisley wrote:

Thank you Brent.

> As mentioned in the manual you specified, there are limits to how many
> items you can have in a set, among other issues. My biggest issue
> against using sets is that you need alter the table structure whenever
> you want to change the set.  Usually I would want the user to be able
> to add, modify or delete list items. You do NOT want a user being able
> to alter the table structure.
> The three table layout gives you basically unlimited scalability,
> easier and quicker modification, dynamic sorting, more flexible
> searching and no character restrictions.

I can see the unlimited scalability, quicker modification, and no
character restrictions.  "Dynamic sorting"?  Do you mean there's a
sort that the three table layout can do that can't be done with the
set type?  Or a search?

I'm sorry to be so dense, but can you give me an example?

Thank you again.

Marilyn Davis