When using the Boolean search capabilities, I am finding it terribly slow.  Since I am sure MySql uses this on their own site.  What version of MySql is the fastest at this  5.0?

I am using the PHPMySearch and I really think he did fair job on the crawler part.  I built an XML converter for the results so I can now crawl websites and output XML its just the search on even 5000 rows (20mb of data) is very slow.

Indexing seems to done properly to support this.  I played with tweaking the character settings of the FULLTEXT search took it to 5  tried it at 3 no luck.

I just think it should be faster than it is.

The default indexes are.

URL UNIQUE 5451  Edit Drop URL
expiresFlag INDEX Edit Drop expiresFlag
title FULLTEXT Edit Drop title
keywords
body_1 FULLTEXT Edit Drop body_1
body_2

Maybe his PHP is querying the database wrongly or is out of date.  I am running 4.1.8 Mysql What would be a good example on how to query the db for bring back ranked results based on what it found?

Thanks
Donny Lairson
President
29 GunMuse Lane