>I guess that entry is either wrong or misleading.

Ordering by another column which isn't mutually dependent with the grouping column will have unpredictable results. Is that what you mean by the example being "wrong or misleading"?

PB

-----

Dan Bolser wrote:
I guess that entry is either wrong or misleading.

I can get what I want like this

    SELECT *
      FROM tbl
INNER JOIN (	  SELECT id, min(bleah) as bleah
		    FROM tbl
		GROUP BY id
		)
    USING (id,bleah);

Which will work so long as bleah has a unique minimum value per id group.