Hello.

Replication shouldn't die if one of the participants goes offline.

But unclean shutdowns of the master may cause inconsistencies between the

content of tables and the binary log in master; this can be avoided by

using InnoDB tables and the --innodb-safe-binlog option on the master.

See Replication for part of the manual for more advices and switch to the

latest release if you haven't it yet.

       <___/   www.mysql.com