Hi
I am trying to set up my Match statements to filter the result of the main query [which works]

If 'chris' does not exist in the first MATCH statement [AND MATCH (media.name, media.product)], then the results get a bit screwed up :( If the first match statement finds something, then the query works fine....

What would be a better way to structure this...without using a subquery as I am on MYSQL 3.23

SELECT media.id, media.product AS product, media.name AS name, Concat_WS( ' ', artist.fname, artist.lname ) AS artist, mediaType.id AS mediatype, mediaType.name, media.product, media.path
FROM media, artist, mediaType
WHERE media.artist_id = artist.id
AND media.mediaType_id = mediaType.id

AND MATCH (
media.name, media.product
)
AGAINST (
'chris'
)
OR MATCH (
artist.fname, artist.lname
)
AGAINST (
'chris'
)
ORDER BY product, media.name, artist ASC
LIMIT 0 , 30