Hi All,

I get the following message when opening phpmyadmin,

The $cfg['PmaAbsoluteUri'] directive MUST be set in your configuration file!
The mbstring PHP extension was not found and you seem to be using multibyte charset. Without mbstring extension phpMyAdmin is unable to split strings correctly and it may result in unexpected results.

Below is what I have for $cfg['PmaAbsoluteUri'] and phpmyadmin seems to work with no problems, except the error message. I have Japanese installed, but, don't use it on the system that much, only when reading Japanese in a browser or in email. Do I need to add the extension if I'm not using Japanese in any databases.? Cheers.

$cfg['http://localhost/phpMyAdmin-2.6.1-pl3'] = '';

Mark Sargent.