[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I'm working on a database crash recovery. Wanting to repair the tables (check
table zf_forums), in 'mysql' mode as root user I get the following respons:

mysql> use zforum
Can't read dir of './zforum/' (Errcode: 13)
Database changed
mysql> use zforum
Database changed
mysql> check table zf_forums;
+----------------+-------+--------------+---------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Table | Op | Msg_type | Msg_text |
+----------------+-------+--------------+---------------------------------------------------------------------+
| zforum.zf_forums | check | error | Can't find file:
'./zforum/zf_forums.frm' (errno: 13) |
+----------------+-------+--------------+---------------------------------------------------------------------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)
mysql> \q

[EMAIL PROTECTED] mysql# perror 13
Error code  13:  Permission denied

I've made root also part of the mysql group (this group has all rwx
permissions) --- to no avail.
Does anyone know why as root I can't access the tables?

Thanks.

Good Morning,

The OS user 'root' is different to the MySQL user root. They share only the name in common.

Judging by your first error message, have you checked the permissions of the 'zforum' directory in the mysql data directory? It seems unable to change to the correct database. Check the ownership of the directory, IMHO I think it should be owned/group mysql. If the permissions are correct, then you need to check the .frm file hasn't disappeared for the table.

If it has then you need to follow the instructions at http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/repair.html, I think you may have reached stage 4.

Regards

--

David Logan