I have a web application running with Apache with PHP 4.1.2 (revision 7.2.6) and MySQL 3.23.58.

The access from the PHP code to the MySQL server using the IP of the machine with MySQL, an username and a password, and it works fine.

 But sometimes we get the MySQL error:

Access denied for user: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]' (Using password: NO)

All the connections to the database fails for this reason, and we are sure that we are passing correctly the username, password and IP address. If we restart MySQL, then the problems disappears, and it works fine, but we don't know why it happens.

The username that we are using to access MySQL is not 'apache', apache, as you can guess, is the name of the user that is running Apache.

 Thanx in advance,
 Jorge Cambra