Hi,

I am about to create a database and there are a number of files that I need
to load into the database.  They are tab delimited files.  One of the files
contains about 4 or 5 columns.  I am only interested in the second and the
third column right now but I will load the whole table.  The values in the
second column can occur more than once in the file.
As well the values in the third column can occur more than once in the file.

Another file that I want to load as a table into the databse only contains two
column and one column will be unique while the second column will have
duplicate values in the file.

My question is when should I use mysqlimport, or load data and when should I
write my own Perl parser to help load the table?
What criteria would be needed to decide to read a file into a hash?

Also, if I decide to use mysqlimport is there anything I should watch out for?

thanks!